Linear are always happy to hear from enthusiastic and talented individuals looking to join our team. We are not currently looking to fill any roles but if you feel you have the drive, personality and skill set we would find irresistible, please apply via email to: email@example.com.
Head of Risk
To ensure that the firm adequately manages all Risk exposure. Reporting, Mitigating, Checking and reporting to Management. To champion Risk as an essential business tool.
Relevant experience is necessary.
- Set out the strategy for the risk management team in order to protect the Company, it’s clients, staff and reputation.
- Establish, Maintain and Continuously Improve the Firm’s Risk Framework, reporting metrics as appropriate and taking actions in order to ensure the firm complies with regulation and within the Firm’s stated Risk Appetite.
- Development and maintenance of Risk Models and subsequence management of market risk, credit risk and operational risk
- Assessment and reporting of Risk for any of the Firm’s existing or proposed new business activities or methods used for existing business activities
- Assessment and reporting of Risk against client portfolios
- Set up controls, measuring their effectiveness through a programme and reporting findings to management. To ensure all findings are addressed in a timely manner and reporting this to management.
- Maintain all Risk Incidents in a register, ensuring all are mitigated/closed and reported to management.
- Monitoring and escalating, where appropriate, any inadequacies in regard to the front-to-back trading lifecycle – within all trading activities undertaken by Linear Investments Ltd.
- Constant review of trading limits, making changes where necessary.
- To maintain current understanding of the regulatory landscape and adapting to any changes as appropriate.
- To be responsible for the first line oversight and second line review of the Firms market surveillance activities.
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate; and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
- Responsible for oversight and management of the Risk Team (Currently 1 FTE).
Knowledge & Skills
- Considerable knowledge and experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies, in relation to the UK/European financial services context
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes, including knowledge of the regulatory principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- To be able to demonstrate adherence to the Fit and Proper criteria of the regulator
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand complex information to identify key issues/actions and drive solutions
Junior Compliance Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join the business within the Compliance team. Reporting to Compliance Supervisor.
Job Specification: Junior Compliance Analyst
Full time role
Location: London Victoria
Linear is a privately owned, fast growing business with a highly scalable model as a Prime and Agency Broker, providing the complete suite of multi-asset Brokerage services to its buy-side clients, from execution through to margin financing, custody and settlement of equities, fixed income, FX, mutual funds and structured notes.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join the business within the Compliance team. Reporting to Compliance Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Checking new customers are compliant with the firm’s KYC/AML requirements
- Reporting/escalating any anomalies to Compliance Supervisor
- Assist the compliance supervisor in reviewing policies and procedures, drafting responses to client enquiries.
- Assisting with updating compliance information in the firm’s systems
- Assisting with administration of all staff compliance training
- Supporting the monitoring of Appointed Representatives
- Assisting in the execution of the firm’s compliance monitoring program
- Assisting the firm in complying with its market surveillance monitoring responsibility by providing support when necessary to help analyse ‘alerts’ generated by the market surveillance monitoring system and escalating any suspicious transactions ‘STORs’ to Compliance Supervisor or assisting with the regulatory report accordingly.
- Providing support to Compliance Supervisor on various projects as necessary
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law / Economics or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- Proactive self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrates strong teamwork with ability to work independently.
- Strong insight for financial markets / hedge funds
- Previous experience in bank, broker or hedge fund manager would be desirable.
If interested, email your CV and covering letter