Linear are always happy to hear from enthusiastic and talented individuals looking to join our team. We are not currently looking to fill any roles but if you feel you have the drive, personality and skill set we would find irresistible, please apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Risk
To ensure that the firm adequately manages all Risk exposure. Reporting, Mitigating, Checking and reporting to Management. To champion Risk as an essential business tool.
Relevant experience is necessary.
- Set out the strategy for the risk management team in order to protect the Company, it’s clients, staff and reputation.
- Establish, Maintain and Continuously Improve the Firm’s Risk Framework, reporting metrics as appropriate and taking actions in order to ensure the firm complies with regulation and within the Firm’s stated Risk Appetite.
- Development and maintenance of Risk Models and subsequence management of market risk, credit risk and operational risk
- Assessment and reporting of Risk for any of the Firm’s existing or proposed new business activities or methods used for existing business activities
- Assessment and reporting of Risk against client portfolios
- Set up controls, measuring their effectiveness through a programme and reporting findings to management. To ensure all findings are addressed in a timely manner and reporting this to management.
- Maintain all Risk Incidents in a register, ensuring all are mitigated/closed and reported to management.
- Monitoring and escalating, where appropriate, any inadequacies in regard to the front-to-back trading lifecycle – within all trading activities undertaken by Linear Investments Ltd.
- Constant review of trading limits, making changes where necessary.
- To maintain current understanding of the regulatory landscape and adapting to any changes as appropriate.
- To be responsible for the first line oversight and second line review of the Firms market surveillance activities.
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate; and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
- Responsible for oversight and management of the Risk Team (Currently 1 FTE).
Knowledge & Skills
- Considerable knowledge and experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies, in relation to the UK/European financial services context
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes, including knowledge of the regulatory principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- To be able to demonstrate adherence to the Fit and Proper criteria of the regulator
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand complex information to identify key issues/actions and drive solutions